Welcome to my blog!
My name is Aaron Munday, and I come from Sheffield in England.
When I was travelling Europe I came to Kraków, Poland, and liked it so much I stayed.
I worked in a hostel for a year, then became an English Teacher...
But one day I decided I wanted a new adventure, and found myself a job on an island called Batam in Indonesia.
Read on to discover more of the story.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just before I go

So, on Friday I said my sad goodbyes to Krakow, and had an uneventful flight back to Britain. I met my Mum in the airport, then we headed back to her house to sort out some things, before going into town to buy a few clothes and collect my new currency;
From left to right; Malaysian Ringgit, Singapore Dollars and Indonesian Rupiah.

Afterwards it was fish and chips for dinner and an early night.

On Saturday, I had a home-cooked English breakfast (maybe not healthy but definitely delicious), and went for a day trip with my family to the picturesque town of Ely.
From left to right; my sister, Katy; my Mum, Shirley; and her husband, Mick.

When we got home, more family arrived and my Mum made a huge buffet meal. In the evening I went out around Downham Market with my step-brother, Chris, and experienced the night life of a small English town once again, which was surprisingly enjoyable.

On Sunday my Dad came to visit, and we walked my dog and had a pub lunch.
My Dad, Peter; his wife, Patsy; and my dog, Pippa (yes, I know what that means in Polish)

Later on I had a little nap, then my Mum prepared a traditional English Sunday Dinner, complete with beef, Yorkshire puddings and gravy - delicious! Then the stressful business of packing all my things into one suitcase and trying to make it weigh less than 25kg. In the evening I made a few phone calls to some friends, and drank some of the Polish vodka I couldn't fit in my case.

Now, I have just a couple of hours left before I leave for the airport, and it all feels quite surreal. I can't believe this is actually going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment